We're looking for a DevOps Engineer that can take responsibility for Satellite’s hosting environments, being Satellite’s primary go-to for all environment and architecture related challenges with a primary focus on Amazon AWS.
Satellite have some useful AWS skills, but we've never had a dedicated DevOps Engineer. Up until now, we've managed our environments within the dev team. This opportunity is to take ownership of our DevOps and allow our developers to get back to coding.
Satellite is a cross-platform production company, servicing the digital, event and activation needs of major clients. Our company of 45 staff is made up of design, software development, project management, content, television production and event/activations staff.
We deliver websites, mobile applications, business solutions, digital signage, event technology, activations and content. We are focused on innovation and the power of connecting to the consumer with the right message at the right time, in the right location.
These are the responsibilities our new DevOps engineer will take on:
- Create and maintain fully automated CI/CD Pipelines for selected projects
- Automate app build systems to aid build speed/deploy reliability
- Innovate with dev teams to adopt continuous delivery and integration culture
- Be responsible for maintaining AWS environment containers where necessary
- Build Cloudformation/Terraform systems for auto build/deploy/terminate of our own Products
- Be on the after hours on-call support roster to support/meet hosting availability/performance for Satellite's biggest/best customers
- Optimise/maximise/minimise hosting environments for reliability/cost/performance/availability
- Contribute to documenting systems/security and policy
- Build monitoring/alerting of all systems to reduce on-call team effort
They will need to be highly motivated and be able to work autonomously in a smart manner, demonstrating excellent communication skills and a sound understanding of systems so they will be confident in the role.
We have interesting and challenging projects on our product development roadmap. On these, hosting will be starting from scratch. So it's not all maintaining someone else's set up here.
Satellite's a great place to work with gadgets and an R&D lab.
We’ve got a diverse range of clients who we look after very well, people like NZ Govt, Coca-Cola, Fonterra, Fisher & Paykel, Spark, Telstra, NZ Rugby, ASB and a bunch more.
We're keen to meet with DevOps Engineers with specialist AWS experience. We want to make the internet a better place, if you feel the same way, email us your CV/Portfolio.
Email us at: email@example.com